High Octane DLC Released!
The Vigilante 8 Arcade 'High Octane' pack is now available, for a very reasonable 320 Microsoft Points. For your points, you get 3 new vehicles...
- Sheila - making a return in her trusty Strider, with fan-favourite the Tantrum gun!
- Loki - in an all new 6-wheel tank complete with turret accessory!
- Houston - series regular Houston returns in her Second Offense incarnation, the Towtruck. The special? What else, but the mighty hook!
The big surpise, however, are the two brand new levels...
- Stunt Track - Diehard V8 fans will have a flicker of recognition as the Stunt Track was originaly mooted for release with the original title way back in 1998! It's a great looking sandbox level, featuring a multitude of ramps, barrels, flaming hoops and even a loop the loop!
- Garage - The garage is probably the most unique level V8 has ever seen (yes, including the Dreamland 64 one!) Looks like the V8 characters have taken a lead from Micro Machines as they've been scaled down and allowed to tear around a full sized garage. This is a fantastic multi level arena, with lots of nice little touches, like a V8 Arcade cabinet, posters for other Activision titles and even cans of Isopod fuel!
Project V8 will be updating with the new character and level info soon, but in the meantime, head over to the Marketplace to pick up this great addition to V8 Arcade.
INFO: The inital download of the High Octane pack was glitched, causing audio problems, a see-through floor on the Stunt Track level and no vehicle artwork on the character select screen. This was quickly rectified by the guys at Isopod Labs so any new downloads should work fine straight off the bat. If you've still got the original DLC, there are instructions here that explain how to resolve the issue...XBox Official Forum - INCORRECT DLC PACK POSTED -- PLEASE READ